We know that everyone is anxious to see who, through audition and a great amount of thought, has been selected for the 23-2 groups. Results will available on the "News and Announcements" page on THURSDAY, MAY 25, but we would like for everyone to consider the following ...
1. Preparation is key. Parents, all of your children can sing musically, and most sight read very well. Please keep in mind that that everyone returning the choir program auditioned for placement, and they ALL performed at their highest level. This makes some of the decision making coming down to ensemble balance, participation and service, and most importantly, ATTENDANCE and ELIGIBILITY.
2. Take Us Seriously ... Not Personally. We quote our colleague, Kari Gilbertson at Lake Highlands HS in Richardson ISD. Audition results are never intended to hurt anyone personally. We do use a rubric for every audition. Parents and students, you are welcome to schedule a meeting with us after school gets out and discuss the audition. Our audition process is completely transparent and fair.
3. If you were selected to A Cappella Choir, be humble. Remember, you may be as happy as someone is sad, and vice versa, so make sure you are kind and humble in your reactions. Consider not texting or posting on social media. Parents -- we ask you to do the same.
4. Advocate for yourself. A good colleague of ours that used to teach at Flower Mound HS always reminds his choir families that everyone will be in college or the workforce soon, and they need to develop the skills of self autonomy and self advocacy. Students, We're happy to sit down with you in the future and discuss your audition. Parents, auditions and results won't be discussed with you until we have met with your student first.
5. Look for lessons for next time. Let's sit down for a few minutes and examine all aspects of your audition ... performance, sight reading, tone, knowledge of key signatures and note names, attendance, grades, character, leadership, rehearsal, attitude, maturity. Remember, we have told you since the first day of school that you are always auditioning.
6. Try again. The Columbus Children's Choir audition page says, "Don't be disappointed after your audition. The more you do this, the better you get at it." You WILL have other opportunities.
Mr. McGuire can't think of a time in the last three years that our graduating Seniors did not fail at something. Those that are the most successful and talented have had their moments of disappointment ... but they all kept going and have grown from the experience. We challenge you all to do the same. Most importantly, we care for all of you, and we would place you all in the A Cappella Choir if we could. Our overall goal is for you to get better and advance from year to year. If your name is not on the A Cappella Choir or Blue Note list, know that you are still a crucial part of an excellent choir program, and if you choose, will have the opportunity to be successful, have fun, and lead in your choir next year.
The Chattergoon Family
The Periquet Family
Your donation will be used to fund senior college/university scholarships, Summer All State Choir Camp scholarships, and general operational costs of our award winning 6A high school choir program.
You may access our online Choir Fee payment portal by using the following address:
Choir Forms will only be accepted in a hard copy format. Students will need all forms and fees to be current as of September 7, 2022 in order to participate in all future Rock Hill choir events and performances.
Download the 22-23 Choir Handbook and most current Choir Calendar here (links for online fee payment and choir forms that must be on file with your choir director are included in the handbook).
Parents, we need your assistance throughout the year. But first, you will need to be cleared by Prosper ISD. Please click below to complete the Volunteer Background Check.
This website is maintained by the Rock Hill High School Choir Booster Club and is not a part of the Rock HIll High School or the Prosper Independent School District. Neither Rock Hill High School nor Prosper ISD is responsible for the content of this website or the content of the links external to this website.
Copyright © 2021 Rock Hill Choir - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder