We are excited to release the results for the 22-23 school year. It is amazing to think that there will be over 145 students participating in choirs in the Fall ... this is a growth of 50 students just in one year!
As you look through the lists, please consider the following:
1. Preparation for these auditions was at the highest level! Parents, all of your children can sing musically, and most sightread very well. Please keep in mind that that everyone returning to the choir program auditioned for placement, and they ALL performed at their highest level. This makes some of the decision making coming down to ensemble balance, participation and service, ensemble leadership, and most importantly, ATTENDANCE and ELIGIBILITY. All of these are domains on the PISD audition rubric.
2. Take Me Seriously ... Not Personally. I quote my colleague, Kari Gilbertson at Lake Highlands HS in Richardson ISD. Audition results are never intended to hurt anyone personally. We do use a rubric for every audition. Parents and students, you are welcome to schedule a meeting with me for the Fall and discuss the audition. Our audition process is completely transparent and fair.
3. If you were selected to the A Cappella Choir or Blue Note, be humble. Remember, you may be as happy as someone is sad, and vice versa, so make sure you are kind and humble in your reactions. Consider not texting or posting on social media. Parents -- the same goes for you.
4. Please don't contact me this weekend. You can be angry with me for the next 48 hours, then let's get on with our much deserved Summer, and start working towards making next year better. Don't even send that e-mail that you just typed ... send it towards the end of next week after you've had some time to digest the choir postings.
5. Advocate for yourself. A good friend of mine that teaches at Flower Mound HS always reminds his choir families that everyone will be in college or the workforce soon, and they need to develop the skills of self autonomy and self advocacy. Students, I'm happy to sit down with you in the future and discuss your audition. Parents, I won't discuss any audition results with you until I have met with your student first.
6. Look for lessons for next time. Let's examine all aspects of your audition ... performance, sight reading, tone, knowledge of key signatures and note names, attendance, grades, character, leadership, rehearsal, attitude, maturity. This will not be during your choir period (make an appointment). Remember, Mr. Keen and I have told you since the first day of school that you are always auditioning.
7. Try again. The Columbus Children's Choir audition page says, "Don't be disappointed after your audition. The more you do this, the better you get at it." You WILL have other opportunities.
I can't think of a time in the last four years that our graduating Seniors did not fail at something. Those that are the most successful and talented have had their moments of disappointment ... but they all kept going and have grown from the experience. I challenge you all to do the same. Most importantly, we care about all of you, and we would place you all in the A Cappella Choir if we could. Our overall goal is for you to get better and advance from year to year. If your name is not on the A Cappella Choir list, know that you are still a crucial part of an excellent choir program, and if you choose, will have the opportunity to be successful, have fun, and lead in your choir next year.
The 21-22 Rock Hill Choir Handbook has been emailed and shared with all current choir families.
You may access our online Choir Fee payment portal by using the following address:
Choir Forms will only be accepted in a hard copy format. Students will need all forms and fees to be current as of January 1, 2022 in order to participate in all future Rock Hill choir events and performances.
Parents, we need your assistance throughout the year. But first, you will need to be cleared by Prosper ISD. Please click below to complete the Volunteer Background Check.
This website is maintained by the Rock Hill High School Choir Booster Club and is not a part of the Rock HIll High School or the Prosper Independent School District. Neither Rock Hill High School nor Prosper ISD is responsible for the content of this website or the content of the links external to this website.
Copyright © 2021 Rock Hill Choir - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder